Status for .GLOBAL after two years
As the registry for the new domain extension .GLOBAL, we have focused on quality and usage in the namespace rather than quantity since our launch 9 September 2014. This strategy has led to a continued stable growth of registrations and a financially healthy registry.
Here are some statistics after two years:
- Registered domain names: 27,000
- Average domains per registrant: 1.2
- 82% domains have a web server configured
- 58% domains have email configured
- 31% domains have fully developed websites (not counting parking or landing pages)
- Only 4.8 % forwards to other domain names, implying that the .GLOBAL domain is mostly being used as a primary domain name for online branding.
- 20% of the domains are single words found in the English dictionary
- 95% of the words in the English dictionary is available and not yet registered
- 1,781 3 letter (LLL) domains has been registered
- 90% of the 3 letter (LLL) domains are still available
- 93% of the 3 number (NNN) are still available
- A clean namespace is proven by less than 0.009% domains with reported unwanted behaviour.
Average renewal rate for first year registrations of 68%. Second year renewal rate cannot be accurately calculated yet, but is expected significantly higher than first year registrations.
Premium Domain Names
The number of premium domains sold is 253. The average sales price per premium domain sold is $ 2,751 USD. According to dnpric.es .GLOBAL is one of the top performing new domain extensions related to the number of premium domains sold and the total sales.
8189 domain are still reserved as premium domains. 5989 of these domains have fixed prices and are available through registrars. All our premium domains hold a regular (not premium) renewal fee.
Availability of Good Domain Names
The result of our strategy and low amount of held back premium domains means that there are a lot of valuable keyword domains available at regular registration fee. Here is a list of identified valuable keyword domain names available at regular registration fee: