1. Execute .GLOBAL Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA)
You can review the .GLOBAL Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA) here.
.GLOBAL uses Adobe Echosign to manage the signing of RRAs. When you are ready to sign, please let us know and we will send you the RRA through Echosign for your signature. If you would prefer to sign a pdf version or electronic signatures are not valid in your jurisdiction, please let us know and we can send you the agreement for signature in this format.
Once the .GLOBAL Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA) has been executed, you will receive your credentials to the Afilias ORMS system via email.
2. Complete OT&E with Afilias
Registrars will need to complete the Registrar Dataform, Confidentiality Agreement, and Financial Information Form in ORMS in order to receive credentials to your Afilias OT&E test account.
You will then need to schedule an OT&E test (if required). Registrar OT&E requirements can be found here.
Registrars who have already been accredited for existing Afilias TLDs (eg. .info, .mobi) may still be required to test the nTLD extension module. Details on the OT&E tests required can be found here.
Registrars who already support TLDs in the shared Afilias environment may not be required to do any further testings.
Once OT&E is completed, Afilias will provide the Registrar with access to their Production account.
3. Fund your account
Registrars who have opted for Post payment option, .GLOBAL will automatically update your account with the agreed credit and low balance threshold limits. You will receive confirmation email with payment information. You are then ready to go!
For Registrars with a Pre-payment arrangement, sufficient funds will needed to be received before their account can be funded. Once we have received these funds we will update your account and you are ready to go!
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am an ICANN-accredited registrar, do I need to get certification from .GLOBAL?
- Yes. All registrars who wish to transact with the .GLOBAL registry will need to sign a Registry-Registrar Agreement for .GLOBAL, successfully complete Operational Testing and Evaluation (OT&E) certification, and meet .GLOBAL’s legal, business and financial requirements.
- Are there specific registrar requirements to become a .GLOBAL registrar?
- Yes. All registrars who wish to register .GLOBAL domains must have signed the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN).
- When is the .GLOBAL Sunrise, Landrush and General Availability?
- .GLOBAL has completed Sunrise and Landrush and has been in General Availability since 9 September 2014. The claims period for .GLOBAL ended on March 2, 2015.
- Where can I find your Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA)?
- You can review the .GLOBAL Registry-Registrar Agreement (RRA) here.
- I am ready to sign! How do I execute the RAA?
- .GLOBAL uses Adobe Echosign to manage the signing of RRAs. When you are ready to sign, please let us know and we will send you the RRA through Echosign for your signature. If you would prefer to sign a pdf version or electronic signatures are not valid in your jurisdiction, please let us know and we can send you the agreement for signature in this format
- What OT&E tests are required?
- The OT&E criteria is set by Afilias. More information can be found here.
- What is the modular extension for nTLDs test?
- The modular extension for nTLDs test is an abridged test to demonstrate that Registrars can properly implement the tags for various Sunrise /Claims scenarios.
- How do you determine my credit limit?
- Credit limits are defined by your expected number of registrations per month. If you do not know what this is, we will apply the default drecit limit to your account.
- What are your bank details for depositing funds?
- Deposits should be made to:
SWIFT CODE: BOFIIE2D
IBAN [ACCOUNT]:IE25 BOFI 901394 72923001
Account Name: Dot Global Domain Registry Ltd
Bank Account (BBAN): 72923001
Bank Name:Bank of Ireland
Bank Address: Bank of Ireland, Colville House, 24/26 Talbot St., Dublin 1, Ireland
Please use your Afilias or IANA ID as the reference information.