Acceptable Use and Anti-Abuse Policy
Dot Global Domain Registry Limited (“.GLOBAL”) is committed to the stable and secure operation of the .GLOBAL top level domain. Abusive use of domain names creates security and stability issues for the Registry, Registrars and Registrants – as well as for users of the Internet in general. Accordingly, .GLOBAL requires that labels in .GLOBAL namespace adopt to this Acceptable Use and Anti-Abuse Policy (“AUP”).
.GLOBAL will address abusive AUP in its namespace consistent with this AUP. .GLOBAL provides an abuse point of contact through an e-mail address email@example.com. This e-mail address will allow multiple staff members to monitor and address abuse reports. .GLOBAL also provides a web form on our website: https://go.global.
.GLOBAL reserves the right, at its sole discretion and at any time and without limitation, to deny, suspend, cancel, redirect, or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold, or similar status as it determines necessary for any of the following reasons:
- to protect the integrity and stability of one of its registries;
- to comply with any applicable laws, government rules or requirements, requests of law enforcement, or any dispute resolution process;
- to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of .GLOBAL, its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, contracted parties, agents, or employees;
- to comply with the terms of the applicable registration agreement and .GLOBAL’s policies;
where registrant fails to keep WHOIS information accurate or up-to-date; domain name use is abusive or violates the AUP, or a third partyʹs rights or acceptable use policies, including but not limited to the infringement of any copyright or trademark;
- to correct mistakes made by a registry operator or any registrar in connection with a domain name registration; or
as needed during resolution of a dispute.
Abusive use of a domain is described as an illegal, disruptive, malicious, or fraudulent action and includes, without limitation, the following:
- distribution of malware;
- dissemination of software designed to infiltrate or damage a computer system without the owner’s informed consent, including, without limitation, computer viruses, worms, keyloggers, trojans, and fake antivirus products;
- phishing, or any attempt to acquire sensitive information such as usernames, passwords, and credit card details by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an electronic communication;
- DNS hijacking or poisoning;
- spam, including using electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, including but not limited to e-mail spam, instant messaging spam, mobile messaging spam, and the spamming of Internet forums;
- botnets, including malicious fast-flux hosting;
- denial-of-service attacks; child pornography or any images of child abuse;
- promotion, encouragement, sale, or distribution of prescription medication without a valid prescription in violation of applicable law; and
- illegal access of computers or networks.
- fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items or services or to advance any type of financial scam, such as ‘pyramid schemes’, ‘ponzi schemes, ‘chain letters’ and other forms of business fraud.
- cyber-bullying, harassment, or other forms of abuse to individuals or groups;
- incitement to violence or other unlawful actions; and
- failure by the registrant of the following two-character second level domains (SLD): ci, cn, eg, il, in, it, me, pt, sg; to take steps to ensure against misrepresenting or falsely implying that it is affiliated with the corresponding government or country-code manager, if such affiliation, sponsorship or endorsement does not exist.
Should .GLOBAL in our sole discretion determine that you have failed to comply with any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy, you acknowledge that we may at any time:
- Restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Service;
- Where your use of the Service is in relation to your registration of a domain name, suspend or cancel the domain name;
- Where required to do so, report such failure to comply, to any law enforcement, government or quasi-governmental agencies, or regulatory bodies; and
- Notify industry information sharing and monitoring groups.
Any action that we may make in relation to this Acceptable Use Policy:
- May be taken with or without notification to you; and
- Is in addition to any other rights that we may have in law.
We are not required to give reasons for action taken as per above, but may do so from time to time where we deem it appropriate at our absolute discretion.
Published 2017-09-12 Version 2.0