According to ICANN’s defined policies, all Registrars offering new generic TLDs must complete the following requirements before provisioning of .GLOBAL labels:
- Sign the 2013 Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA)
- Sign the Dot Global Domain Registry Limited Registry Registrar Agreement (RRA)
- Complete the Afilias OT&E process
- Fund your account
One you have completed these steps, you will be placed in production for provisioning of .global domains.
Detailed information can be found here.
DOMAIN NAME POLICY
.GLOBAL is an open, no restrictive TLD on a first come, first served basis.
Labels under .GLOBAL can only be registered as required in the technical standards such as but not limited to RFC 1035, RFC 2181, RFC 952, RFC 1123, and RFC 3696.
Technical and Syntax requirements for .GLOBAL Label
- A label must consist of at least 3 and at most 63 characters;
- All labels with one (1) character is reserved by the Registry and may be offered for registration;
- The characters permitted in a label are: A-Z (case insensitive), digits (0-9) and hyphens;
- The first and the last character of the label must be a letter or a digit;
- The label must not be identical to a registered label or in a name space reserved from registration;
- Certain labels are reserved or prohibited and may not be registered;
- The label cannot contain labels with hyphens in the third and fourth character positions (e.g., “bq–1k2n4h4b” or “xn--ndk061n);
- The label cannot begin or end with a hyphen.
Internationalised Domain Names (IDNs)
The Registry offer IDN labels in compliance with RFCs 5890, 5891, 5892, 5893 and their successors as referred to in the ICANN IDN Guidelines.
The ICANN IDN Guidelines may be amended, modified, or superseded from time to time.
Dot Global AS has selected Afilias Ltd as their Registry Backend Service Provider.
All ICANN accredited Registrars with a signed RRA for one of the Afilias existing Top Level Domains (.info, .mobi etc.), will be able to start provisioning of .GLOBAL labels within 30 min after production access has been granted by Afilias.
Detailed documentation covering the Afilias SRS OT&E can be downloaded from here.
All labels are on “auto-renewal” set by the Registry. The Registrars will need to explicit delete a label.