Registered Domain Name” means a domain name in and maintained by the Registry Operator’s database consisting of at least the Domain Name Label and TLD together, separated by a dot (e.g., “go.global”). A name in a registry database may be a Registered Domain Name even though it does not appear in a TLD zone file (e.g. a registered but inactive name).
“Registrant” is an Applicant that has submitted a Registration Request that has been paid for in full and accepted by the Registry. A Registrant is the holder of a Registered Domain Name in the .GLOBAL TLD.
Registration Policies and Acceptable Use
- As a Domain Registrant, you are required to enter into an electronic or paper registration agreement with an ICANN Accredited Registrar (“Registrar”) or its authorised representative
- As a Domain Registrant, you certify that:
- The data provided in the domain name registration application is true, correct, up to date and complete. As the Domain Registrant, you have sole responsibility for the correctness of the information provided. If incorrect contact information is given, whether it is the name, contact person, business address, postal address or e-mail etc, The Registry Operator or Registrar can, at its discretion, disregard and delete the order without serving any notice;
- The Domain Registrant has the authority to enter into the registration agreement. If any of the data provided by the Domain Registrant must be considered to be personal data, the Domain Registrant guarantees that with regard to such personal data, all applicable regulations for the protection of privacy have been observed and that the Registry Operator and Registry Service Provider is entitled to use and process such personal data;
- The Registered Domain Name will not be used for distributing malware, abusively operating botnets, phishing, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement, fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in activity contrary to applicable law, and providing (consistent with applicable law and any related procedures) consequences for such activities including suspension of the Registered Domain Name.
- The Registry Operator and Registrar will use its best efforts to act in a timely and professional manner in handling all requests for applying for a Registered Domain Name and the Domain Registrant therefore acknowledges that filing an application bears no obligation to guarantee a result.
- The application for a Registered Domain Name and use of a Registered Domain Name are solely and entirely at the Domain Registrants risk and account; the Domain Registrants must verify himself that the Registered Domain Name does not infringe upon any right of any third party. Services provided in this respect, as search engines etc., are only to be seen upon as guiding and not conclusive.
- The Domain Registrant may not exercise any rights or administrative authority or expect any other ability to otherwise make use of the Registered Domain Name, until adequate payment has been made.
- As a Domain Registrant you: (a) acknowledge and agree that .GLOBAL reserves the right to deny, cancel or transfer any registration or transaction, or place any domain name(s) on registry lock, hold or similar status, as it deems necessary, in its unlimited and sole discretion: (i) to correct mistakes made by .GLOBAL or any Registrar in connection with a domain name registration, (ii) for the non-payment of fees to .GLOBAL or (iii) to implement ICANN policies or Registry policies referenced herein; and (b) indemnify, defend and hold harmless .GLOBAL and its subcontractors, and its and their directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses arising out of or relating to, for any reason whatsoever, the Domain Registrant’s domain name registration. This indemnification obligation survives the termination or expiration of the registration agreement.
- Nothing in this Terms of Service shall confer any right to any third party with respect to .GLOBAL’s discretion to identify and act on violations hereof, except as otherwise expressly provided by applicable dispute policies (e.g. the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, the Uniform Rapid Suspension Policy, and other policies which expressly provide for adversarial proceedings).
- As a Domain Registrant, you are required to comply with all ICANN consensus policies applicable to Domain Registrants, including (i) the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (http://www.icann.org/en/help/dndr/udrp), and (ii) the Uniform Rapid Suspension Policy; and (iii) such other ICANN consensus policies as ICANN publishes on its website and makes applicable to .GLOBAL, Registrar or Domain Registrants, and as may be amended by ICANN from time to time.
- By applying for or obtaining registration of a Registered Domain Name, you acknowledge your acceptance and compliance with the terms under which such application and registration was made, including
- Acceptable Use and Anti-abuse Policy;
- Terms and conditions of Sunrise and Landrush registrations set forth in the .GLOBAL Launch Policy, and .GLOBAL Sunrise Dispute Resolution Policy;
Published: 2014-06-01 Version: 1.0